- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community. Our agency represents an extensive list of "A rated" insurance companies to provide the best coverage, at the most affordable rates available. We have insurance products to fit the specific needs of both businesses and individual, offering commercial, homeowners, auto, boat and life insurance.
The successful candidate will provide high-level administrative support to four C-level executives by performing the following duties:
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers, in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Communicate with all levels of employees and management and external clients with considerable tact and diplomacy in a fast-paced business environment.
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity regarding all business and private matters.
- Manage and maintain executives' calendars by planning and scheduling meetings, events, interviews, appointments, networking lunches/dinners, teleconferences and/or other similar activities, including travel and lodging arrangements.
- Prepare agenda, handouts, documents, and/or any other information for scheduled meetings.
- Assemble and analyze confidential information for purposes of preparing various reports, department budgets, and statistical reports utilizing Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Assist executives with research and other activities related to new strategic initiatives.
- Serve as a liaison with vendors regarding operational issues.
- Draft, edit and proof memos and written correspondence.
- Review contracts for negotiated terms.
- Prepare monthly expense reports.
- Maintain electronic and or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner
- Become familiar with and follow Agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
- May occasionally be asked to assist with scheduling or coordination of an executive's personal matter.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency and executive needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 10 years' experience, with 3 or more of those years in a 100+ employee firm.
- Experience in the financial industry and/or reporting to a CFO preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Skilled knowledge of MS Office including Powerpoint, Excel and Word, as demonstrated via MS Office testing.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, customer service and time management skills.
- Must be professional and exercise discretion.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations successfully.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies and qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior customer service skills
- Open to diversity
- Supportive of organizational efforts and policies
- Mindful judgment
- Show initiative
- Organizational & time management skills
- Team Player
- Professional demeanor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Regular travel required. Must carry a minimum of $50,000/$100,000 Bodily Injury Liability and $50,000 Property Damage Limits on a personal auto policy.
REPORTS TO: COO/CFO
POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt
OTHER: The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
GREAT REASONS TO WORK AT WALLACE WELCH & WILLINGHAM:
- Competitive compensation plan;
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability;
- Paid Time Off;
- Paid Holidays;
- 401(k) with employer match;
- Paid Continuing Education;
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual;
- Proud to be a EOE/DFWP/SFWP.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.