Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Claim's Business Delivery Organization (CBDO) is an integral part of the Travelers Claim organization helping the business achieve its goals and best serve our customers by leading complex strategic initiatives through collaborative and innovative approaches. CBDO also supports and champions innovation and change in a constantly evolving and competitive environment. Join a growing organization that embraces continuous learning and improvement to bring optimal effectiveness in delivering business value.
This role is responsible for facilitating the development of business strategies aligned to the overall Claim business goals and driving strategic initiatives towards execution. The Strategy & Delivery Lead will work in close partnership with Business Owners, Business Leaders and Claim Technology to identify key deliverables within the strategy and the business capabilities needed to support it. In addition, the Strategy & Delivery Lead will also collaborate with appropriate partners to identify key dependencies or connections to other business strategies and develop a prioritized delivery roadmap that supports the expected business benefits. This role will also be responsible for Business Readiness planning of initiatives for a successful rollout for both Travelers employees as well as customers and other key stakeholders
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Understanding the high level business needs and defining the strategy framework to determine the future vision and goals, high level business scope and expected business benefits.
- Partnering with appropriate business leaders to determine the current vs future state and identifying key business capabilities needed to support the strategy and vision
- Engaging with various leads from enabling organizations like Technology, Business Intelligence, Customer Experience etc. to help determine dependencies
- Understanding and navigating across various areas within and outside of Claim as needed to support the strategy and roadmap development.
- Facilitating prioritization of business capabilities and deliverables aligned to delivering highest business value. Gathering and providing appropriate cost benefit analysis to help business make informed decisions around prioritization.
- Have a strong understanding of execution approaches and driving the prioritized work towards execution while partnering with the Product Management teams.
- Gaining a strong understanding of the broader portfolio and the alignment of various initiatives within the portfolio. Staying connected with overall portfolio development to evolve scope, approach and prioritization as needed.
- Facilitating regular meetings with key stakeholders and sponsors to provide status updates, escalate risks or issues and review of scope, approach and CBAs for approvals to move forward.
- Support overall enterprise and Claim goals for customer experience in case of customer facing capabilities - leverage customer journey mapping concepts where relevant in partnership with User/customer experience teams.
- Partner with the execution teams to ensure smooth transition of work and providing necessary support during Execution.
- Develop a Business Readiness Plan which includes key components around communication plan for to key internal and external stakeholders, training, change management and benefits realization plan.
- Identify trends/opportunities/emerging issues and take appropriate actions, including engaging appropriate individuals for resolution.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 5 years of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
5+ years of project management and/or business experience preferred.
Scaled Agile experience preferred, but not required.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Leadership Skills
- An innovative mindset with an ability to lead change to support transformation effort in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence business and IT leaders
- Facilitate Strategy development with Business and IT Leaders to meet the business objectives
- High level understanding of Business Architecture concepts and capability models
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework standards and best practices.
- Communication & Facilitation Skills
- Excellent executive level oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Highly effective facilitation skills within small or large group settings to drive complex agenda and outcomes
- Ability to successfully collaborate within team and throughout organization to bring together desired results
- Problem Solving and Analysis Skills
- Demonstrates ability to determine dependencies or opportunities that may cross multiple strategic initiatives or organizations.
- Strong understanding of key capabilities related to Business Intelligence & Analytics and Digital which can be leveraged for Strategy development
- Understanding the Business models across the Claim organization and how they may be impacted based on new strategies and capabilities
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE