Assistant Vice President - Claims
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Manages the Service Center, as well as satellite branch locations to assure the claim operation is delivering the highest level of quality and service to our clients including prompt investigation, timely resolution of all claims and organize staff as well as workflows to maximize our service and productivity. The AVP is accountable for overall claim quality, customer service, technical claim results and overall branch office administrative functions.
- Manages and monitors new and pending claim volume to ensure proper staffing levels. Monitors operations, productivity reports and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
- Prepares and submits an annual budget, establishes an expense control program, reviews and approves expenses to assure that expenditures are within the constraints of the budget.
- Establishes Service Center objectives supportive of Corporate Headquarters and corporate objectives.
- Provides guidance to claim supervisors to ensure proper investigation and timely equitable disposition of claims. Approves reserve recommendations, establishes reserves and makes recommendations on reserves exceeding authority; analyzes and reviews, on a continual basis, the reserve adequacy of a sampling of open claim files to ensure exposure is properly reflected.
- Analyzes files on a periodic basis to determine accuracy and completeness and to maintain control of quality of work.
- Administers all policies and procedures, communicates to staff, interprets as necessary, and ensures compliance.
- Assures the staff adheres to our Best Practice, SOPs, Carrier and Client specific standards and objectives. The AVP oversees the communication of the performance standards and objectives as well. The AVP also oversees and manages the performance appraisals.
- Selects, trains, and develops an effective and efficient department. Ensures Performance Reviews are conducted in accordance with corporate guidelines; reviews Performance results and develops actions plans to resolve identified areas of improvement. Recommends/approves salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
- Develops managers and/or supervisors, particularly in the management techniques of planning, organizing, leading and controlling through continued coaching and feedback on performance.
- Keeps senior claim management informed verbally and in writing of activities and problems within assigned area of responsibility; refers matters beyond limits of authority and expertise to manager for direction. Keeps department informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting periodic meetings.
- Provides quality service to clients and carriers and ensures that claim personnel are knowledgeable on client special handling instructions and carrier requirements. Assures all security procedures pertaining to client, carrier and company funds and property are strictly adhered to.
- Participates in sales presentations and meetings with current accounts in support of corporate revenue objectives.
- Investigates local conditions which might affect claim handling and keeps senior claim management adequately informed.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the claim adjudication system(s) and organizes workflow to provide for maximum productivity.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct.
- Twelve or more years of progressive technical claim experience, including supervisory and/or management experience.
- Demonstrates a high degree of judgment and discretion.
- Capable of providing adequate guidance and support on administrative and technical claim matters.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage the work of others.
- Demonstrates effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills and promotes a favorable company image to the public.
- College degree or education equivalent to a college degree. Or industry work related experience.
- Industry designations of AIC, ARM, or CPCU.
Broadspire (www.choosebroadspire.com), a leading international third party administrator, provides risk management solutions designed to help clients improve their financial results. Broadspire offers casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics. As a Crawford Company, Broadspire is based Atlanta, Ga., with 85 locations throughout the United States. Services are offered by Crawford & Company under the Broadspire brand in Europe (www.Broadspire.eu), including the United Kingdom (www.BroadspireTPA.co.uk).
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.