Underwriter - Group Insurance
Group Insurance Underwriter
Ullico Inc. is actively recruiting a Group Insurance Underwriter for our Group Underwriting Department located in our Silver Spring, MD office. The dynamic candidate will perform the following duties:
- Analyzes census, experience and claims data to determine rates for renewals and new business proposals.
- Prepares proposals, renewals and other correspondence as requested.
- Reviews and implements benefit changes for policy holders.
- Assists new and senior underwriters as needed and reviews work of junior underwriters.
- Consults with sales professionals and responds to client requests.
- Requests and utilizes relevant information from other sources.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years of Group Underwriting experience, with particular emphasis on stop loss insurance. Effective written and oral communication skills are required. Proficiency in and demonstrated knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and email applications required. Demonstrated organizational analysis, data comparison, detail-oriented and follow-up skills required.
For over 90 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement, keeping union families safe and secure. From insurance products that protect union members, leaders and employers, to investments in building projects that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to trust us with protecting their families, employees, businesses and investments.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.