Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
IPC/EvergreenRx provides pharmacy benefit consulting services with an emphasis on innovative solutions for Private Employer Groups, Governmental Employer Groups, State Retirement Systems, State Teacher Retirement Systems, Union Group Trust Funds, Health Plans, Medicare Direct Contract EGWPs and Third Party Administrators.
IPC/EvergreenRx, a branch of Beecher Carlson Insurance Services, LLC. is a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc. Brown & Brown is headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL and is one of the nation’s leading independent insurance intermediaries with more than 7,000 employees and 200+ profit center locations in 38 states, London (UK), and Bermuda. Brown & Brown is ranked as the sixth largest insurance brokerage in the United States and the seventh largest brokerage worldwide by Business Insurance magazine. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We have an immediate opening for a Copay Assistance Coordinator in our O’Fallon, MO office. The Copay Assistance Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating member enrollment in the IPC/EvergreenRx Copay Assistance Program.
- Identify utilizing patients, review history, determine next coverage date
- Proof, Print and mail patient welcome letters
- Assist patient with enrollment in the manufacturer’s program
- Maintain patient database for follow-up, tracking and reporting
- Receive notification of new patient’s prior authorization/or review daily rejected and paid claims
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma and/or GED with 2 to 3 years' experience directly related experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Professional telephone demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.