Claims Specialist - Property Claims
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Claims Specialist Property Claims
Middleton (Madison), WI
CapSpecialty seeks a dynamic versatile claims professional to add to its experienced, team-oriented staff. This claims professional will investigate, evaluate and resolve claims involving Commercial Property, Business owners Property, Inland Marine, and Commercial Crime claims. This position also requires frequent interaction with our underwriting staff and agent partners to advise on claim issues in general and assigned claim files in particular. This position may require travel approximately 5 % of the time.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of property claims handling experience.
- Advanced technical knowledge of insurance coverage and polices, insurance law, and claims handling practices.
- Highly refined verbal and written communications skills.
- A proven track record of delivering solid claim outcomes on property claims.
- Basic building construction knowledge.
- Forward-thinking capability, including the ability to formulate a strategy and proactively move a claim toward resolution.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Want to join an exciting and team-oriented environment that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages including an innovative unlimited vacation plan, professional and educational growth opportunities, and recognition for great performance? Apply today!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer