- Career Level
- Not Specified
The overall responsibility is to ensure that assigned project(s) is delivered on time and within budget and that it meets or exceeds expectations. The PC also ensures that the projects are aligned with standards and strategies.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for leading all aspects of a general project or multiple, small-scale projects. This includes project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, communication and cost in order to manage the completion of work for a specific area. The PC controls the critical path, contingencies, scope changes and budget (both labor and non-labor). The PC coordinates the day-to-day activities of the project team from original concept through final implementation and ensures that resources are used efficiently.
The PC adheres to established project management methodologies and standards while carrying out their responsibilities. This includes applying project management and systems development lifecycle processes to their assigned project(s). The PC maintains agreed levels of continuity consistent with customer requirements, group policies and regulatory requirements. This may include managing the effective resolution of serious or complex incidents or problems, ensuring adequate steps are taken to eliminate root causes and prevent recurrence.
- Ensure alignment of projects with the business unit's strategy and objectives
- Support the portfolio management decision process through the creation of project charters, scope documents, risk assessments and budgets.
- Manage project risk and change management for small- to medium-scale projects. Lead the assessment of inter-project dependencies and gauge the financial impact and risk of the project.
- Manage the scope change process and issue identification/resolution with all stakeholders.
- Identify and anticipate risks and issues. Facilitate resolution, mitigation, and appropriate escalation.
- Assure proper quality standards are maintained during project execution and delivery.
- Coordinate and communicate between all user communities for general requests associated with the project(s).
Work Planning and Resource Management
- Lead efforts around work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of business work plans to determine the required tasks and resources (process, functional, etc) for the project
- Provide appropriate performance feedback for project team members.
- Coach project team members on basic project management practices as needed.
Delivery and Monitoring
- Lead small to medium scale projects for within time, budget and specification constraints.
- Demonstrate competency in coordinating all aspects of a project. Coordinate projects with other on-going efforts.
- Monitors and communicate status to leadership. Communicate and incorporate feedback from customers.
Risk Identification and Analysis
- Identify and analyze risks to delivery, cost or benefit of project and appropriate categorize impact, and probability of issues and risk.
- Analyze and update mitigation plans and actions as needed to reduce or eliminate risks.