Personal Lines Services Representative
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The personal lines customer service representative performs the tasks and duties that support the service needs of clients and agency management. Service responsibilities are to be assigned, and encompass marketing activity, client service, support, and reporting/analytical, and administrative functions. Production and quality standards must be met and maintained.
Essential Job Functions
- Personal Lines Customer Service Representative cross-sells and supports new business sales efforts. Ensures completion of requested account and policy updates and changes.
- Personal Lines Customer Service Representative answers sales calls and quotes and issues policies changes according to business need.
- Personal Lines Customer Service Representative reviews and processes renewals, recommending coverage enhancements as applicable.
- Personal Lines Customer Service Representative informs clients of policy changes, exclusions of coverage, and insurance coverage needs.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Handles daily/monthly reporting requirement related to agency management system and agency operational requirements. Analyzes reports and reconciles discrepancies.
- Assists in auditing work product to ensure policies and procedures are compliant.
- Maintains licensing tracking for agency personnel.
- Generates correspondence, distributes referral lists, submits first reports of claims, and provides status.
- Manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of transactions.
Knowledge, Skills and Education
- Associate or Bachelor degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Requires 4 years or more years of personal lines insurance experience, or equivalent in a related field.
- Experience using Vertafore AMS 360 agency management system.
- Full knowledge of personal lines insurance products and usages. Knowledge of insurance claims, rating procedures, coverages, underwriting and industry operations.
- Ability to assist new business sales and retain existing business.
- Detail oriented. Audit experience a plus.
- Ability to perform a large number of steps in complex system with accuracy and speed.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. Evening and/or weekend shifts may be required.
We are an EEO/AA We are an EEO/AA/M/F employer that hires veterans and those with disabilities.