Customer Service Representative - Telephone Representative
All Boston Mutual employees who interact with our policyholders, our producers and our BML associates embrace the principles of our brand and service philosophy. We are all brand ambassadors. Both our words and our behaviors matter. We share a common service philosophy and pride ourselves in living the BML brand promises every day, one interaction at a time.
The Telephone Representative is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all while maintaining the highest levels of service professionalism in all they do.
- Customer Service Representative will have telephone and written communications with customers, agents and government agencies
- Customer Service Representative responsible for research and resolutions of inquiries, complaints, and payment histories
- Customer Service Representative responsible for ALIS changes and transactions
- Customer Service Representative handles decision making and problem resolution
- Customer Service Representative maintains participation in presentations and seminars
- Customer Service Representative will have participation in team meeting, team goal setting and team decisions
- Must comply with privacy guidelines; will protect the privacy of customer information
- Other duties and special projects as required
- Education: High School Diploma required; 2 years of college preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience required.
- Knowledge Requirements:
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize a high volume of multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to context, substance and detail while meeting goals and strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and extend relationships.
- Shows initiative with a “can do attitude” and the ability to implement changes that will improve workflow.
- Strong computer skills using MS Office.
- Insurance knowledge is a plus.
- BCBS Health Insurance (85% or 100% employer paid)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Group Life Insurance
- Discounted Auto & Home Insurance
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- Paid Holiday & Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(K) & Profit Sharing
- Flexible Savings Account & Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Making An Impact Program
- Wellness Program & On-site Fitness Center
- Cafeteria Subsidy
- Complimentary Parking
Keywords: CSR - Customer Service - Telephone - Communications - resolutions - growth - opportunity