Claims Examiner - Disability
All Boston Mutual employees who interact with our policyholders, our producers and our BML associates embrace the principles of our brand and service philosophy. We are all brand ambassadors. Both our words and our behaviors matter. We share a common service philosophy and pride ourselves in living the BML brand promises every day, one interaction at a time.
The Disability Claim Examiner is responsible for managing and processing all assigned claims while demonstrating the highest levels of service professionalism in all they do.
- Disability Claim Examiner will manage the assigned caseload of insurance claims.
- Disability Claim Examiner is responsible for reviewing and processing claims, evaluates medical records and requests additional information when needed.
- Disability Claim Examiner provides exceptional customer service handling claim related calls. Creates written correspondence.
- Disability Claim Examiner must be able to interpret and evaluate policy/contract revisions.
- Disability Claim Examiner will review pending claims on a monthly basis.
- Disability Claim Examiner ensures compliance with state and federal requirements. Maintains privacy of confidential information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma required.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years disability claims experience required.
- Knowledge Requirements:
- Strong business knowledge
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize a high volume of multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to context, substance and detail while meeting goals and strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and extend relationships.
- Shows initiative with a “can do attitude” and the ability to implement changes that will improve workflow.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Exceptional skills using MS Office.
- BCBS Health Insurance (85% or 100% employer paid)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Group Life Insurance
- Discounted Auto & Home Insurance
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- Paid Holiday & Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(K) & Profit Sharing
- Flexible Savings Account & Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Making An Impact Program
- Wellness Program & On-site Fitness Center
- Cafeteria Subsidy
- Complimentary Parking
Keywords: Claims - Examiner - Disability - customer service - evaluation - growth - opportunity - Insurance