Claims Operations Data Analyst
The Claim Administration Analyst role will support the HIIG Claim Division’s non-technical activities. The role looks for a candidate who has some experience with property casualty claims and/or insurance business processes, a working knowledge of operational support activities, is highly organized and effective at managing multiple priorities.
The Claims Administration Analyst will support HIIG Claim Division management and staff by performing activities that include:
- Serves as primary liaison for non-Claims HIIG functions requiring information relating to claims and claim activity.
- Develop and distribute regular management reports and any requests for special, ad hoc reporting or claim data
- Visualize data in creative ways to enhance understanding and accelerate decision making
- Help to develop processes for data extraction, storage and reporting processes across the claim division
- Create and implement dashboards with key performance indicators and forecasting models
- Monitored new and existing process designs to measure operational effectiveness
- Supports and undertakes special projects for the Claim Division as may be required
- Some experience working in commercial property/casualty claims and/or insurance space;
- Experience working with the operational aspects of claim and/or insurance functions: business process; management reporting; support systems; interacting with internal stakeholders and external service providers
- Must be fluent in Word, Excel, Access and Tableau. SQL is a plus but not required.
- Highly organized and efficient ; Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills; ability to work across teams and functional groups.
- Must be located in either Houston, Texas or Scottsdale, Arizona
- Results oriented. A strong focus on execution and getting things done right.
- A self-starter with a high level of professional maturity and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and other functional areas
- Comfortable and effective working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Thrives on and is not afraid of challenges
- Flexible, able to adapt; responds well to a changing environment
- Ability to drive results by identifying and resolving significant problems within the scope of responsibility
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Computer Science
- Advanced course-work in, and/or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management, or related similar degree highly desired
The above information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.