Field Claims Representative (Resident) - North/South Dakota
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Acuity is seeking an experienced multi-line Field Claims Representative to resolve auto, general liability, and property claims with empathy, passion, and a sense of urgency in North and South Dakota, ideally residing near Pierre, Aberdeen, Watertown, or Bismarck. Acuity looks to our Field Claim Representatives to investigate, record facts, preserve evidence, determine coverage, evaluate liability, exposure, subrogation potential and arrange for the disposition of claims through settlement or denial, including litigation.
This is a multi-line claims role that allows for 100% work from home while serving the territory as an ambassador of Acuity’s renowned customer service. Acuity Field Claims Representatives are empowered to work independently, handling about 20 new claims a month.
Acuity is a property and casualty insurance company headquartered in Wisconsin. We are proud to bring creativity, heart, and fun to the industry in over 26 states across the nation. Well-known for our unique culture, state of the art facility, and world-class benefits, Acuity boasts a turnover rate of less than 3%. For the past 18 years, Acuity has been named a Top Performer Among Insurers by Ward Group. Founded in 1925, the company generates over $1.2 billion in revenue through 1,000 independent agencies and manages over $3 billion in assets. Acuity currently employees approximately 1,300 employees.
Acuity offers an impressive array of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and vacation (industry seniority credited)
- World-class health, dental, and vision coverage paired with a health savings account
- Impressive 401(k) program boasting an 8% company contribution
- Education reimbursement
- Company car provided and available for personal use
- Office furniture stipend and provided internet connection, phone connection, and tech equipment including PC, printer/scanner, iPhone, and iPad
- $600 Health Club Reimbursement per year
Education: College degree or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 5 yrs of commercial and personal multi line claim adjusting, preferably in the field
- Knowledgeable in all matters relating to property and casualty claims practices, policies and procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Basic understanding of state statutes and case laws
- Customer service oriented
- Efficient use of laptop and associated software, including e-mail and word processing
- Work independently
- Maintain positive attitude
Acuity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, marital status and all other protected categories in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, lay off, recall transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employees who violate this policy will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination of employment.