Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
eBusiness at Travelers is seeking a Senior Architecture Director who will provide strategic technology leadership to the assigned portfolio, with accountability for end-to-end strategic architecture roadmap and all relevant architectures, including dependencies with enterprise & LOB portfolios. The incumbent will manage the architecture runway for all Agile teams within a portfolio, including delegating architecture runway stories to Solution Architects and seeing them through to completion. The portfolio architect leader will also serve as a guide and coach for their Solution Architect team.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines the portfolio's strategic architecture & technology roadmap
- Ensures all portfolio solution architectures are in alignment with the portfolio roadmap and reference architecture
- Defines alternative architecture solutions and recommends an architecture solution
- Identifies trade-offs and risks for architecture solutions
- Maintains a catalog of all portfolio solution architectures
- Manages the architecture runway for the portfolio
- Runs weekly architecture runway meeting with the portfolio leadership team and Solution Architect team
- Represents architecture runway stories for prioritization during program increment planning
- Provides day-to-day architecture direction to the Solution Architect team
- Collaborates with team members throughout the portfolio and the architecture team to make architecture decisions
- Serves as a technical mentor to solution architects and project team members
High School diploma or equivalent required. 7 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required. 2 years of experience managing others and/or technical teams.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Experience in providing architecture technology oversight and leading a team of architects through large scale initiatives.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in enterprise, application, and information architecture.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in people, product and/or project management and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Completed multiple engagements of a variety of complexity.
- Experience with influencing people in a matrixed organization.
- Must have experience in multiple technologies and architectures.
- Insurance industry experience a plus.
- Expertise in understanding of capabilities and direction of technology, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of business environment necessary to support assigned projects.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE