Senior Underwriter, Primary Casualty Excess & Surplus Lines
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Senior Primary Casualty Excess & Surplus Underwriter
New York City or Pearl River, NY
CapSpecialty is seeking an experienced Primary Casualty Excess & Surplus Lines Senior Underwriter for our Specialty GL Casualty Brokerage Division. With an emphasis on providing quality and service to our wholesale production partners, the senior underwriter will be responsible for new business production and renewal business servicing. Other expectations will be to work in a team environment to achieve premium production goals of the department, build and maintain relationships with our wholesale production partners, and develop marketing and distribution strategies. The senior underwriter may be required to assist in crafting policy language, and must be able to interact well with internal resources.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years' E&S casualty underwriting experience.
- CPCU, ASLI preferred.
- Expertise in underwriting a wide variety of General Liability classes as well as Products Liability-driven classes is essential. Experience in underwriting Liquor Liability for the Hospitality Industry is preferred.
- Working knowledge of ISO GL rating and general loss rating.
- Working knowledge of ISO GL policy form and major coverage endorsements and exclusions.
- Preferred candidates will have wholesale relationships in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact well with internal resources at all levels.
- Ability to develop familiarity with a wide variety of businesses and organizations, the services they provide, as well as the regulatory, legislative, legal and economic factors that affect them.
- Must be skilled in using personal computers, the internet and multiple software programs. Must have working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Want to join an exciting and team-oriented environment that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages including an innovative unlimited vacation plan, professional and educational growth opportunities, and recognition for great performance? Apply today!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer