Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Senior Data Consultant supports the Personal Insurance (PI) business and technical communities by working under general supervision to ensure the end-to-end quality of data used for operational and analytic purposes. As a data steward, this role will partner with business owners to understand strategy and guide data decisions that support that strategy. The steward provides oversight of data from the time it is newly defined and structured through its complete life-cycle. In particular, they will work to grow our organizational expertise in the area of Customer analytics, keeping pace with the rising demand for Customer initiatives as outlined for 2018 and beyond, and supporting knowledge management and data quality for this important strategic asset.
Leverages technology and analytics skills to apply basic to intermediate data analysis practices that benefit Business and IT strategic initiatives. Performs intermediate to advanced data profiling, metadata documentation, data lineage, and data transformation rules in support of key program deliverables. Meets data management needs of internal and external clients according to established standards, including problem research/resolution and customer education. Provides data subject matter expertise within areas of knowledge to Business and IT organizations. Performs data impact analyses in partnership with project teams. Supports the building of strategic model solutions including transformation rules and attribute relationships.
This job does not manage others. This job works under General Supervision: Incumbent independently performs a variety of duties, including potentially complex duties within established policy guidelines; responsible for a defined set of assignments (e.g. assigned customers, claims or other specified set of responsibilities); is expected to set priorities and meet specific goals and objectives of the function or unit. (Typically pertains to advanced/operational, senior professional, unit supervisor)
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Overall responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with business stakeholders in Customer attributes and behavior to understand their business strategy and protect their interests
- Develop and exercise domain expertise in the areas of Customer Master Data Management
- Collaborate with Business Owners and Subject Matter Experts to define and recommend Data Quality requirements
- Participate in Data Governance activities, particularly in regard to Customer data
- Discover, document, and analyze data collection and data transformation processes to determine the cause of systemic errors or uncover data quality improvement opportunities
- Perform root cause analysis, tracing quality problems to their source
- Analyze business impacts of data quality issues
- Communicate out to varied audiences with professional documentation on data management issues
- Identify Customer metrics that are of critical business value
- Perform responsibilities in a manner that promotes data sharing and Master Data Management
- Respond to requests for information
- Other duties as assigned
Three years of analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or Business preferred. Insurance knowledge preferred. Three years of experience in data management or related experience preferred. Thorough knowledge of tools and software to extract and analyze data in the data management function.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Travelers Personal Insurance business and systems domain knowledge, especially in regard to Customer
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data Architecture/Modeling concepts
- Experience with one or more modeling tool(s) for representing design concepts
- Clear and concise communication - both verbal and written; ability to elicit requirements and accurately convey information at business and technical levels
- Sufficient software development experience to be able to gauge the impact of decisions made regarding data handling
- Knowledge of ACORD Property and Casualty XML standards
- Experience with metadata management and/or data quality tools
- Ability to evaluate multiple options and view situations from many angles, serving various agendas
- Ability to facilitate discussion and mitigate conflicts while driving to a mutually acceptable outcome
- Experience in Big Data platform tools and governance processes
Operates standard office equipment - Continuously Sitting (Can stand at will) - Continuously Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key - Continuously
Licensing or Certificates
IDMA, IQCP, or CPCU preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE