Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under close supervision, this position is responsible for investigating, evaluating, negotiating and resolving claims on losses of lesser value and complexity. Completes formal training program for consideration of advancement to claim representative Outside Property position. Provides quality claim handling throughout the claim life cycle (customer contacts, coverage, investigation, evaluation, reserving, negotiation and resolution) including maintaining full compliance with internal and external quality standards and state specific regulations. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration. This job does not manage others.
- Completes required training in the Property Trainee Program which is a three phase program that is approximately 12 weeks. The program is a mix of online, virtual, classroom, and on-the-job training. Classroom training is at Claim University in Hartford, CT.
- Investigates each claim to obtain relevant facts necessary to determine coverage, causation/ damages, extent of liability/establishment of negligence, damages, contribution potential and exposure with respect to the various coverages provided through prompt contact with appropriate parties (e.g. policyholders, accounts, claimants, law enforcement agencies, witnesses, agents, medical providers and technical experts).
- Takes necessary statements.
- Delivers consistent service quality throughout the claim life cycle, including but not limited to prompt contact, explaining the process, setting expectations, on-going communication, and follow-through on meeting commitments to achieve optimal outcome on every file.
- Training consists of several months handling inside property claims at the desk.
- Works closely with Unit Manager or mentor to promptly resolve assigned claim.
- Reviews and analyzes coverage and applies policy conditions, provisions, exclusions and endorsements, and understands how jurisdictional issues impact the claim.
- Completes field inspection of losses including accurate scope of damages, photographs, written estimates and/or computer assisted estimates.
- Manages file inventory and expense reserves by utilizing an effective diary system, documenting claim file activities to resolve claim in a timely manner.
- Determines settlement amounts, negotiating and conveying claim settlements within authority limits to insureds and claimants. As appropriate, writes denial letters.
- Refers claims beyond authority as appropriate based on exposure and established guidelines.
- Participates in CAT Duty.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or a minimum of 2 years of work and/or customer service related experience preferred.
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response to all assigned tasks - Basic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - Basic
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy - Basic
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities - Basic
- Analytical Thinking - Basic
- Judgment/Decision Making - Basic
High School Diploma or GED and one year of customer service experience OR Bachelors Degree required. Valid driver's license - required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE