Claims Litigation Specialist (Charlotte, NC, Carmel, IN, Allentown, PA, Scottsdale, AZ)
Headquartered in Branchville, NJ since 1926 Selective Insurance employs a workforce of more than 2,000 engaged personnel. As the 41st largest U.S. property & casualty group* we have consistently been rated “A” or higher by A.M. Best for more than 85 consecutive years. Selective offers a unique “high-tech”, “high-touch” business model that powerfully combines a unique field-based underwriting and claims model with leading edge agency automation technology. Selective is also the 6th largest “Write Your Own” carrier in the National Flood Insurance Program. We are focused on delivering an omni-channel customer experience. Our team works through a network of distribution partners to market products and services. Known as a super-regional carrier with the following mix of business:
- 78% Standard Commercial Lines in 22 states
- 13% Standard Personal Lines in 13 states
- 9% Excess & Surplus Lines in 50 states
Investigate, negotiate and conclude by settlement or denial complex and challenging litigated claims, including litigation in multiple different states, venued in state or federal courts. Must have expertise in commercial and personal lines, as well as coverage, contractual and legal issues. Develop and execute litigation strategy, and manage the activities of assigned defense counsel to ensure cost effective resolution of litigated claims. Litigated claims handled may be large and complex involving a large amount of legal expenses. The individual in this position will also ensure claims are processed within company policies, procedures, and individual's prescribed authority with exceptional standards of performance. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Position Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be able to handle litigation files from start to finish.
- College degree preferred.
- Prefer 7-10 years claims experience.
- CPCU designation/course work, Senior Claims Law course work, or other industry training/designations preferred.
Selective offers a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Prescription drug coverage
- Paid time-off
- Tuition assistance
- Adoption assistance
- Employee assistance programs
- Wide-range of flexible work arrangements
- Health screenings and Health education fairs
- Flu shots provided on-site at all locations
- “Health Advocate” service provided free to employees and their spouses, dependent children, parents and parents-in-law
- Coverage of smoking cessation prescriptions and products for employees and spouses
- Free on-site gym membership for headquarters-based employees and spouses/partners; gym membership fee reimbursement for remote employees
- Wellness discounts for employees and their spouses/domestic partners enrolled in company’s medical plan
Keywords: claims - litigation - CPCU - commercial - personal - legal - compliance - coverage - contracts - Charlotte, NC - Scottsdale, AZ - Allentown, PA - Carmel, IN