Mail Opening Clerk
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Physicians Mutual is hiring for a full time Mail Opening Clerk in our Premium Processing Department. The selected candidate will open 750 pieces of mail per hour and processes 4.5-5 boxes of coupon payments daily. Opens and sorts premium payment mail by operating mail opening machine. Reviews premium payments and coupons; accepts clean payments; sorts non-acceptable payments into several categories such as D-Work (pertaining to a particular job), Non-Typical, returns, etc. according to guidelines for further processing.
- High school education or equivalent is required to prepare for this position.
- 1 year of general work experience is preferred.
- Moderate to high noise level from production equipment.
- Lifting an average of 10 pounds and pushing required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to operate mail opening machine efficiently and continuously for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work within a fast paced production environment.
- Math aptitude needed to perform basic fundamental calculations.
- Familiar with operating a 10 key calculator.
- Ability to determine if a payment can be accepted or out sorted.
- Ability to work with equipment and maintain awareness of equipment performance.
Physicians Mutual Insurance Company and Physicians Life Insurance Company are members of the Physicians Mutual family. Physicians Mutual Insurance Company offers reliable Medicare Supplement, dental and supplemental health insurance. Physicians Life Insurance Company provides important life insurance coverage and annuities. In 2012, they entered the funeral pre-planning market to help meet the growing needs of funeral home owners and the families they serve. The companies have more than $3.8 billion in assets and consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings.
Founded in 1902, Physicians Mutual is headquartered in Omaha, Neb. To learn more about the company, please visit www.PhysiciansMutual.com.