4 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Under moderate supervision, provides and delivers claims adjusting services and solutions for customers in multiple lines of business.Responsibilities
- Investigate coverage, liability, compensability and damages with all parties involved in a claim as requested by our customers or Crawford and Company or a subsidiary thereof.
- Investigate claims by interviewing claimants, witnesses, establish claim reserves, handle evidence, obtain and interpret official reports, medical reports and claim forms, and attend/participate at mediation, trials or hearings.
- Negotiates and settles claims, sets reserves, and manages litigation within client service parameters and authority levels by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants.
- May present evidence at legal proceedings.
- Provide filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage and pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
- Prepare reports by collecting and summarizing information required by the client and obtained through investigation.
- Self starter capable of working alone or with others.
- Maintains company reputation and insurance product integrity by complying with Federal and state regulations, client and Crawford and Company service standards.
- Maintain expected case loads in multiple lines of business while meeting established service delivery, production, quality, sales and educational objectives.
- Respond before, after and during work hours to emergency on site claim investigations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education in multiple lines of business.
- Maintain acceptable product quality through compliance with service standards and compliance with internal quality control initiatives.
- Uphold and project the corporate image by participating in industry organizations and functions.
- Ability to multitask in a time sensitive environment and handle job responsibilities with a sense of urgency.
- Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 2 years insurance adjusting experience with experience in each of at least two lines of business (casualty, presidential property, commercial property, liability).
- Personal computer, typing and keyboarding skills
- In-depth knowledge of insurance coverage, practices and negotiating skills in multiple lines of business.
- Familiarity with legal, medical and technical disciplines within specific business lines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical ability and mathematical aptitude.
- Good attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to gather and analyze information, then determine and implement the appropriate course of action.
- Good interpersonal and sales skills.
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available atwww.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.