Inside Sales Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Inside Sales Representative we seek to join our fast-growing organization must be a successful, energetic and goal oriented individual. Must possess the ability to initiate and cultivate relationships, develop instant rapport, ask open-ended questions (and listen to the answers) and grow a diverse group of insurance agents. Requires the ability and discipline to initiate outbound calls consistently throughout the day. The ideal candidate has a keen desire to exceed expectations, surpass activity and sales goals and support our agent partners as they grow their successful businesses.
If your career aspirations include being part of a dynamic capability and growing it into something special, we invite your application. Check out the Join Our Team portion of our website, www.upcinsurance.com, to learn more about UPC Insurance!
The Inside Sales Representative reports directly to the Regional Sales Director and has routine contact with the other members of the Sales team. The Inside Sales Representative is the primary contact with the companys partners, the Independent Agents with whom the company is contracted.Responsibilities
- Develops and implements territory goals and strategies to increase UPCs market share in alignment with UPCs overall business objectives
- Monitor yearly new business commitments
- Identify possible new agency appointments, interview prospective agencies, evaluate potential and recommend advisability of establishing new agency contract
- Analyze agency loss ratio problems, establish and monitor rehabilitation programs or recommend termination if profitability cannot be achieved.
- Promote UPCs products by ensuring agency awareness of their features and benefits
- Educate agencies regarding UPCs products and policy writing system
- Responsible for relationship building with the agency
- Gather competitive intelligence, analyze UPCs position and recommend action
- Work with policy processing and claims staff when needed to insure superior service
- Provide ongoing agency support and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain communications with all UPC team members through informal and formal quarterly reports
- Know UPCs systems and uses them effectively
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Management
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Motivation/Initiative: Motivated and curious, willing to ask questions, research issues and take on challenging projects/assignments; creative, brings new ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence. Has strong achievement motivation and tenacity.
- Interpersonal Style: (Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Teamwork); develops/ maintains effective working relationships; listens attentively to others; communicates ideas clearly (written & verbal); relates to people in an open/ sincere manner; participates effectively in meetings; assists in finding solutions as well as identifying problems; communicates appropriately with supervisor and co-workers. Able to manage other individuals and maintain calm and reliable demeanor in the face of challenges.
- Self-Management: (Adaptability/Flexibility, Stress Tolerance, Autonomy); adapts readily to changes in routine; works effectively in stressful situations; needs limited guidance and direction; is comfortable working in a fast paced environment; is reliable and dependable; is results-oriented; maintains productivity and composure under pressure; views problems as opportunities to create solutions.
- Thinking Skills: Diagnoses problems efficiently; gathers sufficient input before making decision or plans; makes timely decision, quickly determines sources of problem, identifies information needed to solve problem and analyzes alternative solutions, communicates issues and decisions effectively to team.
- Customer Orientation: Sensitive & responsive to internal and external customer needs; demonstrates skills in customer services and satisfaction; maintains a positive attitude, willing to listen to customer problems and seeks solutions; stays in tune with changing needs of customers.
Environmental Demands: This is an in-office position with the possibility of some related travel. Occasional overnight trips may be required.
Mental Requirements: Skills necessary for the effective performance of this positions job functions include analytical/decision making skills, strong leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to prioritize, plan and organize personal responsibilities, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Excellent interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Salesforce.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of four years of Insurance and Sales Management education and work experience.
- Three or more years experience successfully managing Inside Sales.
- Demonstrated success in a Fast Paced Team oriented environment.
Ability to embrace and manage change
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating