Manages a pending subrogation claims case load of all loss types and severity across all clients. Effectively reviews and evaluates new claims for subrogation potential. Identifies and opens subrogation on applicable claims. Maximizes recovery on all applicable claims.
Start Date: ASAP
Position: Subrogation Examiner
Type: Temp to perm
Location: Orlando, FL
- FNOL Review – Reviews and evaluates all newly reported losses for subrogation potential on the first and fifteenth day of the claim. Claims without sufficient information to determine subrogation potential are placed on diary for a 30 day review. Advises claims examiner of additional necessary actions to determine and preserve subrogation. Completes subrogation referral when warranted.
- Claim Assignment & Notices – Reviews all new assignments for subrogation potential and develops an action plan. Places all possible responsible parties on notice. Monitors the claim to ensure effective recovery. Sends Deductible Notice Letter to insured.
- Investigation – Researches faulty product for recalls, known history of defects, and other cases involving faulty product. Performs searches through the clerk of the court, permitting, and public records for accurate information pertaining to adverse parties.
- Processing – Sends demand package to include supporting documentation to adverse party(s). Communicates with adverse party(s) for claim resolution and payment. Contacts insured regarding deductible refund when appropriate.
- Diary - Maintains a current diary on all assigned claims. Weekly follow up on claims in which a settlement is pending.
- Evidence – Contacts insured and IA to instruct them to secure evidence. Ensures that evidence is received, properly documented with Chain of Custody Form and securely stored.
Ideal skills and minimum requirements:
- 3 years of subrogation claims handling experience
- Computer literacy and ability to use applicable software
- Appropriate licensing- FL All Lines