Human Services Underwriter
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Human Services Underwriter
CapSpecialty® is seeking a Human Services Underwriter to join our team. This position will be responsible for new business production and renewal business servicing, with an emphasis on providing quality and service to our wholesale production partners. The Underwriter will be expected to work in a team environment to achieve premium production goals of the department, as well as expected to build and maintain relationships with our wholesale production partners, developing marketing and distribution strategies. The Underwriter will also assist in crafting policy language and must be able to interact well with internal resources. Senior level available commensurate with experience.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional liability underwriting experience.
- Completed or continuing work towards industry certification (RPLU, CIC, CPCU, etc.) preferred.
- General familiarity with intellectual property, privacy, personal injury, security exposures and issues and knowledge of insurance technical basics.
- Basic understanding of financial evaluation tools.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact well with internal resources at all levels.
- Ability to develop familiarity with a wide variety of businesses and organizations, the services they provide, as well as the regulatory, legislative, legal and economic factors that affect them.
- Skills with using personal computers, the internet and multiple software programs.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Want to join an exciting and team-oriented environment that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative unlimited vacation plan, professional and educational growth opportunities, and recognition for great performance? Apply today!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.