Underwriting Assistant - Stop Loss
2 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Summary: The objective of this position is to assist the underwriting in the quoting process for our Medical Stop Loss business in the Accident & Health division. This position does not include binding authority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer service- answers telephones and respond to email inquiries in a prompt and professional manner.
- Prepare new business submissions, including analysis of needed information for Underwriter review and quoting.
- Prepare renewal submissions in a prompt and professional manner, following strict Underwriting guidelines.
- Process and maintain orderly electronic underwriting files.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervisions.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Adhere to company guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned as the business continues to develop.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years industry and segment experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite, ImageRight and the use of computer systems and various software applications
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Organizational and planning skills
- Analytical thinking and aptitude for evaluating and interpreting detailed information and data
- Ability to independently multi-task and respond to changing business priorities
- Demonstrated customer service experience and the ability to interact with a wide-variety of people on a daily basis in person, via telephone and email
The above information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply for Underwriting Assistant - Stop Loss
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly