BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
Your future is bright. Promising. And full of endless possibilities. Explore those possibilities at Westfield Insurance where our interns work on projects that make a difference. This is your chance to showcase your talents while we guide you in setting achievable career aspirations. From actuarial to event planning, we offer a wide range of opportunities for you to develop and grow in your chosen academic area.
Customer Care Center Intern Summary
$14.00 an hour
30-40 hours per week
Corporate Housing Available
An intern is focused on developing business acumen. The intern will gain leadership experience in their assigned business unit. Typically, an intern is given a project to complete or is assigned day-to-day activities to assist the business unit. An intern actively participates in the summer internship program.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Assists business unit with work assigned to them. This often includes, but is not limited to, project work and coverage of day-to-day activities within the business unit.
2. Actively participates in summer internship program events including Lunch & Learns.
3. Conducts research and/or other work for projects assigned.
4. May be responsible for department administrative and support duties.
5. Develops business acumen through interactions and shadowing with other professionals.
6. Attends business unit meetings as assigned.
7. Creates and delivers presentations.
8. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Actively pursuing or within 1 year of receiving a secondary education degree with a related field of study. (Must be a sophomore or higher, or have graduated within the last year)
2. Previous work experience.
3. Proven ability to collaborate and work with a team.
4. Ability with Microsoft Excel at an Intermediate or higher level.
5. Demonstrated solid oral, written and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
6. Demonstrated organization skills.
7. Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
8. Valid drivers license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
Ability to travel as required.
Depending on assigned department, physical requirements may vary in severity.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Enjoy a casual-dress atmosphere while taking advantage of a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our internship program starts your career and encourages you to set meaningful goals and objectives while you are with us. You will meet with key leaders, job shadow, make presentations and have fun along the way!
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.