Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The eBusiness Experience Design team is seeking a Senior Design Lead to join us in our transformation toward becoming a customer-centric digital insurer. In this role, you will be part of a team of experience designers and researchers working with product managers, business architects, and business and IT leadership to understand business goals, generate user insights, and translate business and user needs into highly engaging experiences.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, plan, and lead discovery and design activities.
- Synthesize business objectives, user research, and metrics to help set direction.
- Apply human-centered design principles and practices, such as information architecture, interaction design, and user research.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and detailed design specifications that describe the intended experience to stakeholders, facilitate research, and direct development and implementation.
- Effectively use research to iteratively test, refine, and evolve design solutions.
- Collaborate with fellow designers, researchers, and/or external vendors to constantly refine our process, methods, and best-practices.
- Understand different form factors and user contexts (mobile, desktop, on-the-go, consumer tasks, professional tasks, etc.) and how to appropriately design for them.
- Have a passion for creating experiences that are simple, elegant, and delightful.
Bachelor's degree in graphic design, psychology, human factors, social sciences or related field or 5 years of User Experience work experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- 5+ years of experience as a designer or similar role demonstrating expertise in digital projects.
- Bachelor's degree in interaction design, industrial design, human factors, graphic design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- The ability to clearly communicate and explain design decisions and recommendations.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail.
- Experience working with agile methods.
- Experience using Axure, Sketch, Invision, or similar tools for prototype development.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Outstanding communication, organization, time management and interpersonal skills. Familiarity or basic understating of web-based technologies. Experience with wireframing/ prototyping software. Expert in conducting end user research and interviews Proven ability to instill usability as a core value within a large organization's culture.
Work Schedules Weekend work hours (Occasionally) Other Travel (Occasionally)
Operates standard office equipment (Continuously) Sitting (Can stand at will) (Continuously) Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously) Driving (Occasionally)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE