Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
We are looking for an innovative, forward thinking, and results driven leader to join Personal Insurance. This is an opportunity to join the Personal Insurance Business Technology - Business Intelligence & Analytics Team (PIBT BI&A). The person hired will be a lead developer within our Emerging Technology stack (Big Data, Cloud, and model Deployment). The individual will articipate in project planning and initiation, architectural decisions, technical design, development, and implementation of Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytic systems. Under limited supervision, performs expert programing, configuring, and/or analysis for impactful and visible projects. Act as subject matter expert and technical expert across multiple applications, systems and technologies. Lead investigation and resolution efforts for critical, high impact problems and incidents.
Manages the strategic plans and tactical activities for assigned information systems and business unit systems projects. Acts as subject matter expert across multiple applications, systems and technologies leveraging technical and business knowledge to drive the planning and execution of complex initiatives. Responsibilities include performing complex analysis, expert level design, configuration and programming functions for impactful and visible projects. Leads investigation and resolution efforts for critical, high impact problems, defects, and incidents. Contributes to staffing and project plan estimations in collaboration with the project manager and other key stakeholders. Assesses the technical viability of projects and objectives. Acts as a technology advocate and independently seeks opportunities where technology can be utilized to improve the business. Builds, maintains, and utilizes partnerships across the enterprise ensuring the best use of resources. Provides technical leadership, fosters a team environment, and provides mentorship and feedback to technical resources. Manages the effective use of line of business resources to implement ongoing projects, enhancements, initiatives, and/or problem resolution. Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects. Ensures project team's work complies with Travelers standards, processes, and protocols. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 7 years of programming/development experience preferred. Experience as a technical lead preferred.
Experience should include the following:
- JAVA/J2EE, Spring Framework
- XML, Json, Node.js, Python, MongoDB
- Cloud Foundry development
- WebServices development ( SOAP, Rest)
- MQ ( Websphere), RabbitMQ
- Hadoop knowledge and its ecosystem ( M/R, Spark, HIVE,PIG, HBASE, NIFI)
- Hands on experience in one or more Database platforms (Teradata experience a plus)
- Hands on experience and proficiency with Unix/Linux and Korn shell scripting
- Hands on experience with automated testing and deployment tools such as JUnit, GitHub, and CloudFoundry
- Working knowledge of Microservice-Based Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Good knowledge on Agile Methodology and the Scrum process.
- Promote the development and quick deployment of Minimal Viable Product (MVP) applications to have real and timely impact to business units-must be comfortable pivoting mid-course to address new information and adapt to the changing realities of a dynamic environment
High School diploma or equivalent required. 5 years of programming/development experience required.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE