3 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
This Supervisor of Claims is responsible for planning organizing, leading, controlling and coordinating the day-to-day activities of a team of associates involved in providing services for a variety of client programs in Claims/Customer Service Center. This position reports to the Operational Manager of the center and receives light to moderate supervision. Hours of Operations: Monday - Saturday 7am - 8pm Sunday 7am - 5pm. Holidays: Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Participates in the development of short- and long-term goals and plans for his or her work group.
- Communicates approved policies and procedures to subordinates and ensures compliance.
- Recommends change to policies and procedures as necessary and may participate in the development and implementation of such changes.
- Recommends the hiring of subordinates.
- Develops them, evaluates their performance, and (when necessary) recommends their discipline and discharge.
- Directly supervises front-line employees; coaching, training, monitoring calls, and conducting performance reviews.
- Reviews associate productivity reports.
- Maintains records related to work group performance, attendance, expenditures, and so forth.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of related reports.
- May conduct or participate in the analyses and resolution of operational problems.
- Develop positive morale and team atmosphere to enhance employment experience of subordinates and positively impact associate engagement.
- Assist with the development, implementation and administration of incentive/motivational programs.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a related field
- Minimum 2 years of progressively supervisory experience in a related field
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelors degree
- Intermediate skills on Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to encourage, coach, support, and provide necessary feedback to agents.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions, working under deadlines, creative thinking, making decisions based on incomplete information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills