Senior Business Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, preliminary cost/benefits analyses and support the project management process in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
- Identify and document requirements for integration, development, and enhancement of application systems.
- Participate in definition, design, testing, training, implementation, and support of system requirements.
- Works closely with business staff to understand and document current and proposed business process and business objectives.
- Assist in project planning, identification, and tracking of risks and issues.
- Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
- Devise and/or modify procedures to solve the most complex technical problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Train and mentor other BA team members in procedures and technical knowledge.
- Provide leadership in defining underlying business needs, documenting those needs, validating conceptual systems designs and assuring delivery quality.
- Ensure that technology solutions and business strategies are in alignment.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times.
- Participates in special projects or performs other duties as requested.
- Adhere to adopted SDLC process including any required documentation.
- Requires a high school diploma. A bachelor's degree and/or additional Business Analysis training or certification is desirable.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a role demonstrating business systems analysis expertise is required.
- While performing the duties of this position, travel (by air, car, etc.) may be required.
- Strong analytical/problem solving experience to deal with complex business problems and suggest solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and multi-task to meet critical deliverable dates.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with technical, business and executive staff (proposals, business communication, marketing writing).
- Excellent organizational, analytical, project management and client relation skills are essential.
- Must be a detail oriented, analytical and an independent thinker. Must strive for results.
- Strong experience in web-based technology environments.
- Extensive experience creating business process diagrams and data flow diagrams using a structured systems analysis methodology.
- Experience on a variety of technology platforms (client-server, mainframe, web), development methodologies (waterfall, iterative, agile programming)
- Experience writing detailed business requirements, business proposals for web-based technology projects.
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.