Account Executive - Commercial Lines
1 day left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community. Our agency represents an extensive list of "A rated" insurance companies to provide the best coverage, at the most affordable rates available. We have insurance products to fit the specific needs of both businesses and individual, offering commercial, homeowners, auto, boat and life insurance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for client retention by managing the client service aspects of a commercial lines property and casualty book of business, providing executive support to Producers in obtaining, maintaining, expanding and servicing commercial lines property & casualty clients as assigned, as well as providing ongoing support to clients in person, including onsite visits and client presentations.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers, in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Work with producers on new business and renewals as needed and coordinate internal functions with external relationships so that the producer receives all necessary information and proposals on a timely basis.
- Handles renewal and other client service related meetings with or without involvement of the producer as needed.
- Conducts pre-renewal review with the clients with or without involvement of the producer as needed.
- With the involvement of the marketing department and other team members, directs insurance negotiations, selects insurance brokers and carriers and places coverage for new lines and renewal business on existing accounts.
- Directs carrier interaction with the client, such as visits by underwriters, loss control representatives and auditors.
- Maintains effective working relationships with clients in and out of the office. Attends and conducts client meetings as needed. Some Travel required - overnight in some cases.
- Works with clients to gather information for renewal marketing.
- Prepares coverage comparisons, stewardship reports and other documents as needed.
- Responsible for the retention of major accounts and maximizing income from these accounts.
- Responsible for renewing insurance contracts for assigned non-VIP tier account without producer assistance.
- Act as a team leader for a Client Service Team and collaborate with Division Manager with input on performance reviews and disciplinary issues.
- Work with Division Manager to coordinate necessary resources to support special department projects.
- Delivers binders, claim kits, etc. once bound.
- Helps cross-sell and round out accounts as needed.
- Reviews and analyzes client loss data, keeps insured informed where necessary, and coordinates client interaction with the Claims Advocate.
- Keep producer and other team members informed regarding client issues.
- Visit clients outside the office to pro-actively demonstrate our high level of commitment to superior service as needed.
- Coordinate expirations with producer to obtain renewal information.
- Maintain expiration control log.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including loss history.
- Work closely with company underwriters in negotiating sales and service related items on behalf of the client.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with company representatives and underwriters.
- Cross-sell and round out existing accounts within assigned Book of Business.
- Determine premiums, prepare and present proposals to clients.
- Issue binders, extensions and certificates as needed with assistance from CSA.
- Maintain all underwriting, marketing, applications, and other information essential for documentation purposes.
- Review incoming mail, route appropriate items to CSA for processing and prioritize daily workflow.
- Check new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, typing, coverage, signatures. Ensure that these items are delivered and/or mailed to client.
- Process transactions to generate billing invoices and prepare premium finance contracts with assistance from CSA.
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance matters or administrative issues, and comply with the request.
- Search company records to obtain information requested by customer.
- Analyze policy transactions and correct company records to adjust errors.
- Interpret policy provisions to determine methods of effecting desired changes, type of insurance, or change in method of payment.
- Prepare coverage comparisons as needed.
- Maintain paper and electronic activity system and documentation to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and activity items.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Monitor personal continuing education requirements to ensure compliance with licensing requirements. Attend classes as necessary.
- Actively pursue referral opportunities to other departments.
- Maintain electronic and or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner
- Become familiar with and follow Agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Florida 2-20 License Required
- Bachelor's Degree or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of Applied "EPIC" Agency Management System beneficial
- An insurance designation, equivalent to AAI or CIC is preferred
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word & Excel
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies and qualifications:
- Superior customer service skills
- Open to diversity
- Supportive of organizational efforts and policies
- Mindful judgment
- Show initiative
- Organizational & time management skills
- Team Player
- Professional demeanor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Regular travel required. Must carry a minimum of $50,000/$100,000 Bodily Injury Liability and $50,000 Property Damage Limits on a personal auto policy.
REPORTS TO: Commercial Lines Manager
POSITION TYPE: Exempt
OTHER: The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
GREAT REASONS TO WORK AT WALLACE WELCH & WILLINGHAM:
- Competitive compensation plan;
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability;
- Paid Time Off;
- Paid Holidays;
- 401(k) with employer match;
- Paid Continuing Education;
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual;
- Proud to be a EOE/DFWP/SFWP.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.