CSR - Personal Lines Customer Service Representative
7 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community. Our agency represents an extensive list of "A rated" insurance companies to provide the best coverage, at the most affordable rates available. We have insurance products to fit the specific needs of both businesses and individual, offering commercial, homeowners, auto, boat and life insurance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for client retention by managing the client service aspect of a personal lines book of business as assigned, and consistently provide excellent customer service and leadership to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality by performing the following duties:
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers, in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Rate policies and be familiar with carrier underwriting guidelines.
- Input customer applications into the agency management system from the carrier rating applications.
- Process all types of incoming insurance mail, i.e., endorsements, cancellations, new and renewal policies, etc.
- Verify the computer generated policy declarations with information requested by the underwriter and/or agency for accuracy.
- Assist Personal Insurance Advisors with all customer service responsibilities.
- Update computer for cancellations, reinstatements. Send out form letter to clients as applicable.
- Provide superior customer service to clients.
- Report issues and follow up for resolutions with carriers and clients.
- Assist in completion of Underwriting audits as required.
- Assist in data entry, projects, creating client portfolios as similar tasks.
- Handle routine correspondence between carriers, agency and insured.
- Actively pursue referral opportunities to all departments.
- Maintain electronic files in an orderly, up-to-date manner and with our current status guidelines.
- Monitor personal continuing education requirements to ensure compliance with licensing requirements. Attend classes as necessary.
- Provide back up support to the CSR team and Advisors.
- Become familiar with and follow Agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Florida 4-40 or 2-20 License Required
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- 3 or more years experience in personal lines insurance
- Solid understanding of all lines of Personal insurance
- Ability to build rapport with each customer through active listening
- Experience dealing the multiple insurance carriers
- Knowledge of Applied "EPIC" Agency Management System beneficial
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies and qualifications:
- Superior customer service skills
- Open to diversity
- Supportive of organizational efforts and policies
- Mindful judgment
- Show initiative
- Organizational & time management skills
- Team Player
- Professional demeanor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Some travel required. Must carry a minimum of $50,000/$100,000 Bodily Injury Liability and $50,000 Property Damage Limits on a personal auto policy.
REPORTS TO: Personal Lines Department Manager
POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt
OTHER: The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
GREAT REASONS TO WORK AT WALLACE WELCH & WILLINGHAM:
- Competitive compensation plan;
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability;
- Paid Time Off;
- Paid Holidays;
- 401(k) with employer match;
- Paid Continuing Education;
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual;
Proud to be a EOE/DFWP/SFWP.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.