Claims Adjuster - Field
3 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Field Adjusters primary responsibility is to manage, investigate and resolve assigned property claims. This position is dedicated to providing customer service to policyholders by providing fair and timely resolutions of claims. The Field Adjuster understands insureds needs and provides advice in order to deliver appropriate solutions.
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Essential Job Functions
- Communicate with independent adjusters and other experts to gather information on claims.
- Negotiate and explain settlements with the insured and/or their representatives.
- Answer incoming telephone calls from agents, public adjusters, insureds and other vendors.
- Review and analyze written information.
- Knowledge of multiple policy forms.
- Prepare reports based on the policy language.
- Prepare detailed estimates of the damage.
- Understanding of estimating software.
- Rely on training and guidance from management to plan and accomplish goals.
- Experience writing Property estimates using SYMBILITY or related software.
- Ability to climb on ladders to inspect roofs.
- Ability to carry a 40-pound ladder.
- Supports catastrophe operations as needed to include working extended hours during designated CATs.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years property field adjusting experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must possess a Florida 6-20 Insurance License.
- Possession of other state license as required by management.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Computer savvy.
- Basic calculator skills.
- Working knowledge of ISO policies.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Wrapped Company vehicle provided.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (post 60-day probationary period)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company match up to 5% of your contribution and match are fully-vested (post 90-day probationary period)
- Paid vacation (post 90-day probationary period)
Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.