Claims Adjuster - Property Damage
Candidate will be handling physical damage claims for commercial auto/trucking programs in multiple jurisdictions. Must be able to handle a case load of approximately 150-200 claims that encompass all levels of complexity. Requires establishing facts of loss, coverage analysis, investigation, compensability/liability/negligence determination, coordination of inspections/DRP referrals, damage estimate assessment, vehicle damage/total loss settlement negotiations, identifying potential fraud and appropriate use of authorized vendors. Also includes timely and appropriate reserve analysis and report completion. All file handling must be within state statutes and Client Claims Handling Guidelines.
- Ability to evaluate complex coverage scenarios.
- Advance level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Advance level of interpersonal skills to handle negotiations and litigation management for significant work with attorneys on first and third party claims.
- Requires advanced ability to work independently.
- Requires an advanced level of organization and time management skills.
- Must possess advanced level written and verbal communication skills for reporting requirements.
- Candidate must have a valid license for their state of domicile if that state requires a license. Valid licenses in additional jurisdictions preferred.
- Candidate will be required to obtain licensing in all states requiring licensing after hire.
- Candidates will be handling claims in multiple states.