Candidate will be handling commercial commercial trucking claims in multiple jurisidictions. Must be able to handle a case load of approximately 100 - 125 claims that encompass all levels of complexity. Requires establishing facts of loss, coverage analysis, investigation, compensability/liability/negligence determination, coordination of medical care (as appropriate), litigation management, damage assessment, settlement negotiations, identifying potential fraud and appropriate use of authorized vendors. Also includes timely and appropriate reserve analysis and report completion. All file handling must be within state statutes, Client Claims Handling Guidelines and NARS Best Practices.
- Ability to evaluate complex coverage scenarios
- Advance level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Advance level of interpersonal skills to handle negotiations and litigation management for significant work with attorneys on first and third party claims.
- Requires advanced ability to work independently.
- Requires an advanced level of organization and time management skills.
- Must possess advanced level written and verbal communication skills for significant reporting requirements.
Education / Licensing:
- High School Diploma, college degree preferred.
- Must have 3+ years of overall claims experience, preferably in the auto line of business.
- Must possess the ability to obtain other required jurisdictional licensing.
- Requires long periods of sitting.
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Repeated use of a keyboard, mouse, and exposure to computer screens.
- Requires some travel to attend mediations and trials.