Underwriting Assistant - Energy
4 days left
- Career Level
- Entry Level
The Underwriting Assistant (UA) contributes to the success of the team by partnering with Underwriters to drive sustainable growth, improve profitability, and retain accounts and service brokers.
The UA is responsible for providing Underwriters with information necessary to make prudent underwriting decisions and to support the underwriting lifecycle from pre-submission through policy issuance and renewal (marketing, underwriting analysis, sales, service, and administrative).
The UA will provide support within established performance standards and priorities, and ensure all related activities are delivered in a manner consistent with customer service focus, quality and timeliness.
- Answer phone and email inquiries to assist underwriter.
- Issue policies and endorsements in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Provide loss runs to brokers and underwriters as needed.
- Maintain electronic files per company guidelines.
- Communicate with premium finance companies on policy verification, cancellation and reinstatement requests.
- Order loss control reports as directed.
- Other support tasks as directed or assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years administrative experience
- CISR designation preferred
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail are essential.
- Proficient with MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Candidates who cannot perform some or all of these duties because of disabilities will nevertheless receive full consideration for the job based on their ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description does not necessarily list all the duties of the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the company may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Apply for Underwriting Assistant - Energy
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly