1 day left
- Career Level
- Entry Level
We are looking for a great candidate to fill a Property Adjuster position for our Southern Luzerne and Carbon Counties in Pennsylvania! The ideal candidate should have experience in adjusting property claims. If you or someone you know would be the perfect fit share this post and follow the link to apply!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contacts Policyholders regarding property claims within level of authority. Conducts investigations, interviews insureds and witnesses, inspects damage and prepares estimates. Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding coverage of claims.
- Handles property claims within designated authority. Sets and maintains adequate reserves. Obtains and reviews reports, statements, records and related materials as required. Evaluates information to determine coverage and total value of claim. Determines payments and issues checks or declines payment as required.
- Documents claim files and submits final report to file for closure.
- Identifies subrogation situations and initiates appropriate action.
- Services assigned territory and brings assigned claims to conclusion.
- Interacts with Agents and district sales managers on matters of mutual concern.
- Handles property claims involving damages or coverage. May handle litigated claims, including negotiating with plaintiff attorney, or coordinates litigation with defense counsel as required.
- Develops and applies a working knowledge of estimating practices and procedures relating to the adjustment of property claims.
- Attends industry-related training programs and attends other training sessions to stay current on policy changes, interpretation or new legislation.
- Successfully completes Technical Learning Center Training within one year of hire date.
- Participates on Catastrophe Team when required.
Minimum Required Education Equivalents:
•High School Diploma or GED and two years of related experience required; or
•High School Diploma or GED and successful completion of Smart Start Training Program required; or
•Bachelor’s Degree required
Willingness to pursue and complete Technical Learning Center Training required. Successful completion of AIC 33 and AIC 35 preferred. Incumbent must live in territory assigned unless a change is approved by the company. Position requires incumbent to serve on catastrophe duty, which may include travel on short notice to other locations for periods in excess of two consecutive weeks. Willingness to obtain and maintain any required licenses. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.