Building Maintenance Technician
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Physicians Mutual Insurance Company is seeking a positive and experienced Building Maintenance Technician to perform general maintenance of heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems and related building services duties. Approximately 18-24 months on the job is required to gain full job familiarity. Must be available during off-hours to respond to emergency situations as warranted (snow removal, fill in work, etc.) There is frequent overtime available, approximately 2-3 hours per week.
- Monitors operation of automated building equipment by observing EMS computer
- Responds to alarms, alerts, signals and indicators
- Completes preventative maintenance and routine maintenance requests
- Monitors and performs maintenance on boilers, auxiliary steam equipment, air conditioning equipment, etc.
- Completes emergency maintenance assignments (minor electrical work, etc.) and non-routine maintenance assignments (changing outdoor lights, ballasts, outlets, etc.)
- Reacts quickly in emergency situations (resetting equipment after a power surge)
- Completes special projects (running IW cables for all in-house telephone work, etc.) under guidance of supervisor
- Performs grounds maintenance and snow removal duties
- Operates, maintains and repairs all grounds equipment
Required Job Qualifications:
- Applicants must have current, valid driver's license in order to travel to other Company properties to complete assigned maintenance tasks
- Certification as a City of Omaha Third Grade Steam Plant Engineer required. If the certification is not held, a candidate may be selected as a Trainee, and will be required to qualify for and obtain the certification prior to the end of the training period.
- approximately one year experience in steam plant operations and a strong mechanical/electrical maintenance background is preferred
- ability to make immediate and sound judgements in emergency situations
- ability to read blueprints of equipment, plumbing, wiring, etc., needed to complete repairs
- strong knowledge of maintenance procedures and steam plant operations
- strong knowledge of proper procedures regarding water treatment and use of chemicals, basic knowledge of electrical principals and wiring
- basic knowledge of refrigeration and plumbing principles
- ability to climb ladders, work in difficult areas, log equipment conditions, etc., in order to complete electrical, plumbing and mechanical duties