Telephone Premium Auditor
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Communicate with insureds, via telephone, email or other means, to accurately audit exposures for Workers' Compensation, General Liability, Bis-Pak Liability, Garage, and Commercial Auto policies.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree, or extensive direct experience in premium audit or underwriting
- Minimum two years field and/or telephone premium audit or commercial lines underwriting experience
- Working knowledge and understating of basic manual rules for Workers’ Compensation and General Liability
- Fluent Spanish speaking abilities helpful
- Possess above average mathematical skills
- Ability to communicate well with external and internal customers
- General PC knowledge including computer spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Display excellent customer service to the insured
- Contact the insured to review detailed records and document basis of premium and other essential information
- Provide flexibility to accommodate the insureds availability
- Plan workload in an efficient, productive way, keeping current in assignments
- Conduct audits to calculate proper premium basis for final earned premium
- Determine proper classifications for insureds' exposures
- Serve as a company contact for agents, insureds, underwriters and commercial service representatives regarding premium audit issues
- Complete audit in the premium audit application
- Continue to develop skills in auditing methods and procedures through continuing education and attending premium audit meetings at Corporate Headquarters
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Review premium audits completed by fee companies.
ACUITY PROVIDED EQUIPMENT:
- Personal computer with dual monitors