Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Travelers Claim Architecture has an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Architect to join our talented team. We are looking for a passionate technology professional that enjoys learning and helping others grow. You will be joining an innovative team that is creating forward thinking software solutions. These solutions include new capabilities and foundational features to enable sustainable business delivery.
You pride yourself as a quick learner, comfortable with ambiguity, have a passion for learning and applying new technologies, enjoy working in a fast paced agile environment, and love to automate things. You also should enjoy mentoring, driving adoption on new technologies and design patterns.
This position requires you to perform under limited supervision to plan and execute at a strategic level. You will lead the design, development, and implementation of highly complex project(s) that support a business or technology area or influence outcomes across multiple line(s) of business. You will establish best practices and set standards.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
In this position you will perform as a lead technologist to masterfully assess and design application build, deploy, test, monitoring, and instrumentation of end-to-end solutions. You must have a broad, conceptual understanding of the technology architecture trends and directions coupled with demonstrated technical mastery for the CI/CD technologies, frameworks, and/or languages. You should also have the ability to influence and/or set technical direction, contributing and communicating your expert knowledge of applications/systems and concepts to a broader audience.
- Design, architect, and implement next generation system architecture and automation solutions;
- Implement, maintain, and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments;
- Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions which includes reference architectures, estimates, and costing;
- Provide technical leadership, project guidance, and business development in various digital and mobile technology areas;
- Advise business and technology delivery leadership on how to translate the client's infrastructure and automation business requirements into executable technology solutions;
- Participate in customer's workshops and provide presentations of the proposed solution;
- Act as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices with Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling Groups, and Configuration Management;
- Perform analysis best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, and Enterprise Security;
- Act as a technical liaison between clients, service engineering teams and support;
- Define common business and development processes, platform and tools usage for mobile solutions and delivery;
- Review and audit of existing solution, design and system architecture;
- Serve as a systems and automation evangelist providing thought leadership, participating in conferences, authoring white papers, etc;
- Perform profiling, troubleshooting of existing solutions;
- Create technical documentation.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of experience in Technology required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering. 9 years of programming/development experience preferred. 2 years of experience as a DevOps technical lead preferred. Expert level knowledge in Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy, Git, Puppet
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Microsoft .NET expertise (C#) or Java hands on experience, automated testing (i.e. NUnit, Jasmine), test automation tools such as Selenium or UFT, automated DevOps pipeline using Jenkins/UCD.
Other CI/CD-related technologies preferred but not required: Rally, Confluence, GitHub, Nexus, Crucible, Maven, Nuget, Hygieia, SonarQube, AppScan, SoapUI, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) or AWS, Puppet or Chef or Ansible, Zabbix, UCR.
May require occasional off-hours support depending upon project/team requirements.
Operates standard office equipment (Frequency) Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
Licensing or Certificates
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE