Product Manager – Personal Lines
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Topa Insurance Company is a growing boutique specialty insurance carrier in Calabasas, California, with more than 30 years of service in the industry. Our highly engaged employees enjoy a modern, collaborative work environment with on-site fitness. Our top notch management team encourages professional development and achievement, with a commitment to make Topa Insurance an employer of choice. We embrace diversity, believe in, recognize and celebrate our people. Our employee engagement scores are amongst the highest in the industry and we were certified a Great Place to Work in 2017 (read more here). We offer a variety of flexible work schedules and shared incentives built around corporate goals and objectives. Our comprehensive benefits plan includes up to 20 PTO days a year for first year team members, as well as annual time off for charitable activity. We want innovative team members who are eager to excel to join our team.
Topa Insurance Company is currently recruiting for a Product Manager – Personal Lines who will be responsible for execution of various analytics, management of existing as well as development of new personal lines products. This role is also responsible for coordination/facilitation of our program businesses in support of the Reinsurance/Programs department. Key aspect of this role will be understanding of our systems, rates and rating rules, policy forms and underwriting guidelines as well as researching and analyzing those of our competitors in order to execute appropriate changes to maintain and/or improve our market competitiveness.
In addition to managing all assigned lines, including functional oversight of our Program business partners, the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Provide leadership or facilitate in the product development efforts around these lines
- Provide leadership or facilitate vendor and/or systems integrations
- Develop or complete business requirement specifications(BRS)
- Coordinate with other functionalities in the implementation of BRS
- Lead the coordination of efforts in the quality assurance (including audit/review of business partners to our Program unit) and process management/improvement
- Establish and maintain product documents, including but not limited to rate manual
- Develop and maintain the Rate Engine configuration around product definitions
- Regularly test rating/policy processing systems to address any deficiency or to improve the process
- Manage to ensure that rates and/or forms are adequate and/or accurate, and compliant
- Manage or facilitate regulatory filings
- Formulate, maintain, and analyze reports around product profitability and production
- Prepare/publish a various reports/publications over product features and issues
- Other duties as requested
We would like to see candidates with a Bachelor’s degree (required), 4+ years in personal lines product management and / or comparable years in underwriting. Experience with SERFF preferred. Detail- oriented with strong organizational and project management skills.
At Topa, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Product Manager – Personal Lines
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly