Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Plans at an operational level and manages the effective use of onsite and offshore resources. Directs assigned business systems test plan(s) and project staff to develop, implement and/or maintain assigned projects.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Assist management in interviewing. Lead large teams or cross divisional test or specialized efforts, including plan, monitor, control, execute and report various verification and validation activities. Interact with Sr. Management on test progress. Conduct QA reviews and audits. Identify, collect, analyze and report on software metrics.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Three years of Technology or Business Testing work experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelors Degree in IT/Computer Science, or a related technical/engineering field preferred.
- ?Working knowledge in agile development model/lifecycle and processes is required.
- Must be proficient with hands-on experience in using Selenium webDriver with advanced core Java coding skills for front-end/cloud-based/service oriented applications, SOAP UI for service/component level testing, and SQL for database verifications.
- Sound and broad knowledge of data driven automation techniques and tools for software testing execution.
- Foundational knowledge of enterprise SOA, front-end & back-end test strategies
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge: Has a master knowledge of business insurance applications and processes. Has full technical knowledge of the systems interfaces with the business operations work-flow, and a solid understanding of the corporate and departmental information system strategies. Is proficient in the use of workstation applications related to the testing function Where appropriate maintains a thorough knowledge of business trends.
- Business Knowledge & Partnership: Builds rapport with external vendors, IT, and business teams. Creates an atmosphere where business partner's issues are dealt with professionally, and in a timely manner. Suggests solutions that make sense and optimize the value of systems resources. Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience. Recognizes the importance of superior quality in providing a competitive edge. Ensures that reports are precise, timely and accurate.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with information that is available but must be further manipulated and with issues that are loosely defined. Once decisions are made, is able to follow the management plan and direct action to implement intended results. Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions. Takes input from several sources, decides if all the information needed is available and moves to a decision. Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved. Knows how to execute to get things done. Optimizes the use of all available resources.
- Team Orientation: Builds relationships with peers to achieve objectives. Builds relationships with other departments to work as one team. Builds relationships to secure necessary resources not under his/her personal control. Works effectively with all levels. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Enables others and puts success of team above own interest.
- Leadership: Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions, specifically, agile development teams located at different onsite/offshore offices. Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures. Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
- Planning and Project Management: Identifies project tasks that are most important, and maintains a clear sense of priorities. Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources.
- Financial Awareness: Develops a portion of an overall divisional budget, subject to review, and is responsible for cost-effective expense control for assigned units. Assist management to readjusts onsite/offshore resources and/or staff to avoid delays and inefficiencies, and prevent failure to achieve results. Is responsible for important and confidential information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE