Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Plans at an operational level and manages the effective use of resources. Leads assigned staff to implement and maintain a medium system. Scope of responsibility:
- Test Data Management (TDM) System
- Oversight of TDM solution design
- Works closely with key QA leads to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Provides conceptual understanding and technical direction of TDM and system support
- Provides talent management to team members
- Responsible for setting work objectives and goals for employees and partners
- Typically involved in employee compensation decisions
- Implementation of TDM in Travelers Business Insurance
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Leads assigned staff to implement and maintain Test Data Management (TDM) Practice. Manages to the operational plan and budget for assigned information systems and project(s). Provides input to the Senior management team on the development of the operational plan. Understands business specifications. Implements cost-effective TDM systems solutions through the creation of resource/staffing plans and prioritization of work. Manages within established organizational objectives. Provides key project stakeholders and IT leadership with timely status updates and system performance updates. Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects and enhancements. Manages team direction and the day-to-day work of direct reports. Responsible for providing consistent performance feedback and coaching and completing formal performance reviews for employees. Perform other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of technology or business related experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- 6 years of technology or business related experience preferred.
- 1 year of experience managing others preferred.
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall SDLC preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Working knowledge of programming disciplines and an understanding of the business that the assigned systems are supporting.
- Conceptual knowledge of varying technologies and the ability to make decisions based on that knowledge.
- Thorough understanding of staff responsibilities, abilities and development needs.
- Ability to understand common practices of Quality Assurance
- Working knowledge of Test Data Management
- Experience with Informatica TDM and/or Power Center
- In-depth understanding for multiple database technologies
- Test automation skills encouraged
- Systems integration / automation a plus
Business Knowledge & Partnership:
- Able to develop business partnerships and influence business priorities through solution identification aligned with business objectives and goals.
- Ability to create an atmosphere where business partner's issues are dealt with professionally, and in a timely manner.
- Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further analyzed.
- Once decisions are made, is able to execute on plans.
- Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions.
- Takes input from several sources, decides if all the information needed is available and moves to a decision.
- Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved.
- Maintains effective partnerships across the organization and is able to influence senior management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above own interest.
- Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions.
- Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures.
- Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
Planning and Project Management:
- Identifies those unit tasks that are most important and maintains a clear sense of priorities and the larger picture.
- Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources.
- Is able to influence management, peers and subordinates through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities and knowledge.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and ability to apply them to projects of moderate complexity.
- In the Agile environment the manager level typically performs as the Scrum Master or Kanban Master.
- Develops a portion of an overall divisional budget subject to review and is responsible for expense control for the units assigned.
- Demonstrates sound cost-effectiveness.
- Failure to achieve objectives can result in delays or inefficiencies requiring the readjustment of resources and/or staff.
- Responsible for important and confidential information.
Human Resource Management:
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills by displaying an understanding of the needs and perspective of others.
- Able to balance the workload of team members and supervise individuals of varying abilities.
- Able to identify the talents of others and match them to the tasks that will best suit the unit goals and/or provide growth for the individual.
- Able to assess and identify employee development and put together a training plan for the individual.
- Coaches staff to stimulate their professional growth.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of staff performance evaluations and development planning.
- Recruits and retains effective staff members.
- Demonstrates a capacity to recognize, value and respect differences across a diverse work force.
Weekend work hours (Occasionally 1x/Quarter) Other Travel (Occasionally up to 1x/Quarter)
Operates standard office equipment (Continuously) Sitting (Can stand at will) (Continuously) Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE