Vice President of Field Claims
Amerisure is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners For Success® agencies, employees and policyholders. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure’s promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an A.M. Best “A” (excellent) rated company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 100 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, with more than $835 million in Direct Written Premium and $937 million in surplus.
Amerisure is currently recruiting for top talent to join our team in Farmington Hills, Michigan as the Vice President of Field Claims. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in leadership with expertise in commercial claims, and a strong commitment to customer service, and relationship building.
Responsible for loss cost containment, staffing, budgeting, expense and claim related customer service specifications for all field claim offices. Responsible for the achievement of claim department goals established to achieve the company’s strategic objectives.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Lead and direct regional claim leaders in area of responsibility with an emphasis on talent management and succession planning in accordance with the company’s strategic direction.
- Create, maintain, and enhance partnerships with customers and internal partners to deliver service second to none.
- Partner with key executives to develop strategic and operational plans including establishing territory specific plans that support the overall success of the department’s objectives.
- Evaluate and monitor procedures, metrics, audits, litigation management and vendor management ensuring appropriate service levels, reserve adequacy, staff performance standards, allocated loss expenses, loss cost and claims best practices are achieved.
- Collaborate with regional claims management and departmental leadership to develop and implement service strategies that exceed the expectations of agents and policyholders.
- Evaluate the attainment of service standards and effectiveness for field claims operations.
- Ensure adherence to departmental policy achieving loss cost and service standards and adjust field operational plan as appropriate.
- Ensure financial internal controls are adequately designed and adhered to in order to minimize the risk of fraud, material misstatement in the financial statements and operate effectively throughout the year.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in business is desirable.
- 15 years insurance industry claims experience.
- 5 plus years in a leadership capacity.
- Possesses understanding of products/program lines including liability, workers compensation, property and the relevant claims handling practices supporting such products/programs.
- Demonstrates superior knowledge of claims situations and all aspects of litigation management process.
- Analytic and metric driven focus combined with strong strategy development and execution skills.
- Superior understanding and commitment to customer service and relationships.
- Strong leadership capability with experience in building and leading highly successful teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 40%.
Working at Amerisure
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners For Success® agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan, and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.
Amerisure Insurance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerisure Insurance complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Amerisure Insurance expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Amerisure’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.