Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated Insurance Carrier, is seeking an experienced and motivated Claims professional to join our team. The position requires the following, but is not limited to:
- Travel is required upon short notice to location catastrophe which could most likely be out-of-state.
- Can meet the physical demands required for this position.
- Investigate and assemble facts, determine policy coverage, evaluate the amount of loss, analyze legal liability and pay or deny losses.
- Familiar with insurance coverage by studying insurance policies, endorsements and forms.
- Works towards the resolution of claims, and may attend arbitrations, mediations, depositions, or trials as necessary.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years claims handling experience or comparable experience
- Field claims experience with multi-line property and casualty claims and wind/hail
- Proficient with Xactimate software
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to resolve complex issues
- Organize and interpret data
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Military experience is considered
Competitive salary, matching 401(k) retirement plans, fully-funded Pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company comprised of five property and casualty companies and one life/health/annuity insurer. Established in 1916 and headquartered in Lansing, Michigan, we currently operate in 26 states. Our written premium is nearly $6 billion, and we are proud to be ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002. Auto-Owners continues to be recognized for exceptional financial strength and stability among the nation’s largest insurers. We partner with independent agencies that sell our products and are consistently acknowledged for our superior customer service to our agents and our policyholders.
Auto-Owners offers a wide range of career opportunities, and we are seeking talent that will help us continue our long tradition of success. We offer a friendly work environment, structured training program, employee mentoring, and an excellent compensation/benefits package. Along with a competitive base salary, matched 401(k), fully-funded pension plan, and bonus programs, Auto-Owners is also committed to work/life balance and provides generous paid time off including holidays, vacation days, personal time, and sick leave. To learn more about our company and career opportunities, visit http://www.auto-owners.com/career-center.