We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community. Our agency represents an extensive list of "A rated" insurance companies to provide the best coverage, at the most affordable rates available. We have insurance products to fit the specific needs of both businesses and individual, offering commercial, homeowners, auto, boat and life insurance.
The successful candidate will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the Services & Accounting Departments. Primary duty of the position is a back-up to the Services and Accounting Department by performing the following duties:
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers, in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Primary backup on ShoreTel Switchboard including answering phones, forwarding calls and faxes to appropriate personnel, and taking and delivering messages.
- Greet and announce visitors. Prepare welcome signage and monitor visitor access.
- Be the primary backup to handle the multiple functions of the front desk including, but not limited to, updating the in/out board for W3 employees, ordering motor vehicle reports (MVR's) for Commercial Lines personnel, maintain agency room reservation calendar in Microsoft Outlook, opening and closing the lobby area.
- Assist Services Clerk with mail, including collection, delivery, scanning of mail, maintaining mail supplies, operating the postage machine and coordinating the pick-up and delivery of overnight/express mail services.
- Assist the Senior Administrator with licensing, appointments, surplus lines, agency education, ordering supplies, planning agency meetings, luncheons, and other department functions.
- Provide backup as needed in Accounting and Human Resources.
- Work collectively with administrative team employees.
- Assist Accounting Department as needed.
- Monitor supply rooms and prepare weekly supply order.
- Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Become familiar with and follow Agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Good communication skills
- Organizational & time management skills
- Team Player
- Professional demeanor
Regular travel is required. Must carry a minimum of $50,000/$100,000 Bodily Injury Liability and $50,000 Property Damage Limits on a personal auto policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
GREAT REASONS TO WORK AT WALLACE WELCH & WILLINGHAM:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Continuing Education
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
- Proud to be a EOE/DFWP/SFWP
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.