Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Brown & Brown of Tennessee, Inc. is currently seeking a dedicated Account Executive who will be responsible for service contact for the client and act as the liaison with the carriers and vendors for our Brentwood, TN office. This role will oversee coordination for open enrollment along with day-to-day handling of service issues. The Employee Benefits Account Executive will work closely with the account team and travel to various locations to ensure that client expectations are met.
The selected candidate must be a self-motivated person, with the ability to give clear direction to fellow support staff. We will rely on you to deal with key accounts and top executives from the client. This individual must show confidence in the job and stand out in their knowledge of benefits, claims administration, eligibility, working with different systems to efficiently and accurately complete the task, be able to guide support staff with their leadership skills and act as the back-up to other Account Executives when necessary.
- Daily management of assigned accounts
- Direct sales during open enrollment meetings
- Grow assigned book through rounding out of accounts
- Spends approximately 50% of the time outside with the customers.
- Responsible for enrollment & coordination of benefit platform vendors
- Act as primary service contact for the client.
- Resolve client billing, claims and eligibility issues
- Prepare timelines for all large accounts for the renewal and meet all targeted deadlines.
- Build, expand and solidify relationships with clients at all levels within the company
- Supply resources to address the client’s needs/risk, including identification and resolution of policy issues
- Assists the marketing team with presentations
- Present proposal to customer
- Introduce new products through other core business groups
- Document sales and prospecting information
- Generate various communication documents for clients
- Ensure that all service commitments are met
- Oversee the production, delivery and accuracy of contracts, benefit summaries, and Wrap SPD
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Suite (including but not limited to Word, Excel, Office, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Ability to multi-task and be able to complete multiple projects with little to no direction or supervision
- Willingness to meet requirements for licensing as directed by the branch/agency
- Remain current on industry trends and information, new product development, legislation, coverage’s and technology
- Demonstrate ability to work independently to complete the tasks
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.