Customer Service Manager
- Career Level
The Customer Service Manager’s primary responsibilities are to supervise the day to day operations of a team of customer service representatives in a small medical TPA call center. The manager will hold the team accountable for meeting performance metrics in alignment with key company objectives centered on service, quality assurance, and service levels. This position drives the customer care call center performance by focusing on coaching to improve performance behaviors. This individual will work closely with the Director of Operations and Claims Manager to assist with claims and member issues, performance, and process improvement initiatives. This seasoned manager will also demonstrate effective leadership by coaching, motivating and developing team members while measuring work to ensure team performance is met.
**Please note that relocation assistance will not be offered. Candidate must be local to the Metro Atlanta area**
- Improve customer service experience, create positive environment for employer groups and clients to facilitate growth
- Take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission
- Develop service procedures, policies and standards
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
- Analyze statistics and compile accurate reports
- Recruit, mentor and develop customer service agents and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
- Utilize assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities
- Proven working experience with medical claims background as a customer service and or claims manager
- Experience in providing customer service support
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Proficiency in English
- Proficient with customer service software, databases and tools
- Ability to think strategically and to lead
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Customer service orientation
- BS degree in Business Administration or related field but not required
We are a Third Party Administrator, handling medical, dental and vision benefit concerns.
Our focus is to help the providers and clients with eligibility and benefits questions.
Our atmosphere is a comfortable setting with a family-like atmosphere. Our office hours are 8:30 – 5:00 M-F. We work 37.5 hours a week. We have 10 paid holidays.
We offer medical/dental/vision/FSA/and life insurance, these are contributory from the employee. We offer a 401K Plan, but we are not matching our employees contributions. Our company consists of 37 employees, we have a comfortable family style kitchen/breakroom. Our average years of employment are 8 – 10 years, this says a lot for our management team and owner. We are a happy group of workers that pray for one another.