Account Manager - Small Business Select Property & Casualty - Insurance Brokerage
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
At Alper Services, you'll enjoy an empowering and engaging work environment. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package and continuing education opportunities, employees are part of a collaborative team who enjoy working and socializing together.
- As an Account Manager for our Property & Casualty (P&C) Select Division (small business), you'll use your communication and organizational skills to help shape how new and existing business grows.
- You'll provide administrative, technical, and clerical support in the P&C Select Division. Your primary role will be to provide day to day service to clients ($5,000 or less in revenue), and resolve issues under the direction of the Producer, Director and/or V.P. This position is a stepping stone to a Senior Account Manager role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage assigned small business accounts on an ongoing basis, including the renewals process.
- Prepare submissions, interact with insurance markets, prepare renewal proposals and present proposals to clients.
- Perform daily customer service and account management functions which include resolving issues and answering questions related to claims, billing, policy changes, and coverage.
- Participate in potential face-to-face meetings with clients and Producers to discuss issues, resolve problems, and build relationships.
- Identify and manage information regarding account renewal and account rounding opportunities.
- Provide monthly reporting of client and carrier information as requested.
- Document account activities and manage policy changes using AMS360 and V Drive.
- Pursue opportunities for adding new business to existing accounts, or to cross-sell business to other departments within Alper.
- Perform various clerical and administrative duties required to support Producers and respond to customer requests.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- ARM and/or CIC designation preferred.
- Current Illinois Property & Casualty Broker's License required.
- Minimum of 3 years' P&C commercial brokerage small accounts experience required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience using a computerized agency management system required; experience with AMS360 is a plus.
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Ability to travel to client locations in the greater Chicago area required.
- Proven track record of high productivity and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience using AMS360 or a comparable agency management system.
ABOUT ALPER SERVICES:
At Alper Services, we take pride in the company we keep and the successful businesses we help build. We are Insurance Architects who design programs that minimize risk, protect assets and reduce liabilities by using a proactive and intuitive approach to each Client’s complex business needs and exposures.
Founded in 1966, Alper Services has a strong reputation for designing customized risk management solutions to ensure our Clients are prepared for the future. Our Team of Experts take a fresh and strategic approach to implementing programs that balance the realities of now with the eventualities of when.