Product Development Manager
Citizens, Inc. is searching for a Product Development Manager to develop a portfolio of life insurance and annuity products for our international and domestic customers. This position will be responsible for bringing assigned products through the Citizens Inc. New Product Process (NPP) which includes concept development, business case analysis, and marketing plan. The position will work closely with clients, actuarial resources, new business underwriting, IT, Legal, Compliance, and Finance to assure that the product meets the needs of customers, clients, regulators, and shareholders. This will be a highly visible role that will be responsible for creating new revenue streams for the company. This position is located in Austin, TX and reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Develop life insurance and annuity products utilizing a disciplined New Product Process (NPP) including Define, Build, Go to Market, and Evaluation stages.
- Utilize research and analysis to understand the competitive environment and customer/client needs.
- Build business cases based on customer input, competitive information, business and financial analysis.
- Lead the project management for assigned products and manage a cross functional product development team.
- Create and manage the product development pipeline including the identification and implantation of key metrics and process indicators.
- Be an innovation leader with the company to drive culture change.
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years relevant experience
- Product Management or Development experience
- Masters Degree or 10+ years relevant experience
- Product Management or Development experience in Financial Services
- Six Sigma, especially DFSS or Lean