Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
IPC/EvergreenRx provides pharmacy benefit consulting services with an emphasis on innovative solutions for Private Employer Groups, Governmental Employer Groups, State Retirement Systems, State Teacher Retirement Systems, Union Group Trust Funds, Health Plans, Medicare Direct Contract EGWPs and Third-Party Administrators.
IPC/EvergreenRx is a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc. Brown & Brown is headquartered in Daytona Beach, FL and is one of the nation’s leading independent insurance intermediaries with more than 7,000 employees and 200+ profit center locations in 38 states, London (UK), and Bermuda. Brown & Brown is ranked as the sixth largest insurance brokerage in the United States and the sixth largest brokerage worldwide by Business Insurance magazine. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We have an immediate opening for a Consulting Pharmacist in our O’Fallon, MO office. The Consulting Pharmacist supports the account management team by reviewing new-to market drugs, health plan formularies, and provides drug coverage recommendations.
- Maintain IPC/EvergreenRx’s specialty drug list
- Support clients with weekly formulary updates, including new drug recommendations
- Responsible for monthly and annual submissions to CMS for all custom Medicare clients
- Support clients' quarterly P&T committee meetings, as required
- Be a clinical resource to the account management team, as required
- Review drug coverage determinations/exceptions/appeal requests
- Support the monthly Prior Authorization/Coverage Determination audits with clinical expertise
- Understand and provide expertise in the specific formulary requirements as established for Medicare, Exchange and Medicaid Health Plans
- Support clients with any quality measure initiatives (i.e. Medicare Star Ratings or HEDIS measures), as requested
- Produce, review, and provide consultative insight to clinical-related reporting (i.e. Large Case Reporting, Adherence Reporting, and Opioid Overutilization Reporting)
- Produce and distribute the monthly new drug newsletter
- Support IPC/EvergreenRx Copy Assistance Program, as requested
- Represent IPC/EvergreenRx in the Pharmacy Quality Alliance (PQA)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Active pharmacist license in good standing with no previous disciplinary actions in any state
- 5-10 years’ experience in directing or managing prescription benefits
- Very detail oriented with ability to self-prioritize
- Ability to meet client and team needs in a timely and professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use discretion and understand confidentiality issues
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Doctor of Pharmacy
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.