Premium Consultation Technical Services Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
This position will be accountable for contributing to the profitable operation of Missouri Employers Mutual by determining accurate and appropriate premiums on workers compensation policies. This position is responsible for managing a remote staff of Telephone Premium Consultants, an internal staff of Mail Premium Consultants and Premium Consultation Support Technicians. This position is responsible for maintaining an appropriate level of customer service, overall internal processing, quality control, and providing timely completion of consultations.
- Establish and manage procedures to ensure accuracy in identifying exposures, documenting risk classifications, and recording correct accounting information
- Manage work product processing and Premium Consultation department support activities to ensure the proper handling of all outgoing assignments and incoming consultations.
- Manage telephone and mail consultant performance in all phases from initial contact to final billing to maximize staff and technical resource utilization.
- Oversee Premium Consultation Technical Specialist and ensure the effective management of the Premium Consultation operating system, currently Visual Audit, with maintenance, reporting, and workflow management.
- Evaluates the direction and progress of the Premium Consultation department to make proper corrective decisions when needed. Maintain close contact with the VP of Policyholder Services to ensure company directives are being followed.
- Manage and oversee workload complexity analysis to facilitate the management of Premium Consultant territories and assignments ensuring factors and components are reflective of company objectives.
- Establish procedures and manage local and remote staff activities to ensure compliance with NCCI rules and state regulations
- Manage and analyze disputes submitted by Policyholders and Producers including complaints that may be received from the Department of Insurance. Entails research and response to the appropriate party detailing NCCI rules and regulations as well as MEM protocol.
- Determine needs and develop training modules with support of Human Resources, establish goals for Premium Consultation employees with continuous technical skills upgrade. Foster professional growth and morale throughout the Premium Consultation staff.
- Ensure all employees in the Premium Consultation department receive support needed from internal support staff.
- Confer with other departments on procedural and technical questions, and audit processing issues. Communicate effectively with policyholders and agents.
- Maintain high level of interaction with company representatives, producers and policyholders to represent the interests of the company in Premium Consultation concerns.
- Ensure proper tools are available for effective performance by phone consultants, mail consultants, and internal support staff.
- May be asked to serve as a representative and expert witness in legal matters that involve Premium Consultation audits of policyholders.
- Perform consultations on an as needed basis, typically to confirm initial consultation was performed correctly, or in the case of unexpected absence.
- Communicate with underwriting personnel and management to resolve problems and provide information regarding audit-related matters, including technology, procedures, and worksheets.
- Provide support to users to ensure any system needs are addressed. Provide needed resources to test new systems, and continually monitor system performance.
- Oversee compliance with NCCI regulations, policy and procedure compliance within the Premium Consultation department.
- Act as the Premium Audit Advisory Service (PAAS) representative, review and distribute PAAS releases, plan and participate in PAAS programs and training as needed.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner and in accordance with prescribed company policies and standards.
- Approach job in a conscientious, mature fashion demonstrating a sense of responsibility. Exhibit high ethical standards and maintains confidential information. Demonstrate a willingness to contribute what is necessary to accomplish the task.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Insurance, Business Administration or closely related field is required.
Eight years of Premium Consultation and audit experience in commercial insurance with emphasis in workers compensation is required. Three to five years of management and supervisory experience is required.
CPCU or APA designation is preferred but not required
A valid driver’s license is required.
Extensive knowledge of insurance coverage, consultation techniques, NCCI manual rules and classifications, and PAAS rules are required.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic and/or complex instructions given from written and oral sources.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and relay information to subordinates
- Ability to write basic or complex correspondence depending on audience.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, employees, the public in such a way that each participant will understand and benefit.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English fluently.
- Must be able to communication effectively in person and over the telephone with vocabulary appropriate to the position.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Working knowledge of budgets and budget process.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of accounting records and payroll documentation.
- Must be able to analyze financial data to determine authenticity and discrepancies
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to use common sense techniques in solving problems as well as the ability to solve complex logical problems.
- Ability to use diplomacy and tact when dealing with problems and subordinates.
- Ability to identify problems and determine the best course of action for their resolution.
- Ability to critically evaluate information for accuracy and usefulness in solving problems.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in a variety of situations.
- Ability to project a warm and professional image in all business contacts.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with fellow workers, agency contacts, and the general public.
- Readily accepts changes in Company practices and procedures with the ability to maintain a big picture perspective and encourages subordinates to do the same
COMPUTER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/Internet Explorer.
Comprehensive knowledge of Visual Audit Software, Image Right imaging system and policy management system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carry 15 pounds.
- Sit, stand, stoop, walk carrying laptop computer.
- Drive including in town and remote distances.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You may be exposed to:
- Air particles
- Falling Materials
- Electrical shock
- Hazardous chemicals
- Emergency vehicle traffic
- Low noise
- Moderate Noise
- Loud Noise
- Overnight travel
- Long distance driving